Monday, April 30, 2012

Eat Your Heart Out!

Just when you think there isn't anything else you can do with your leftover scraps of fabric, "eat" your words, friends!  There is another small project just around the corner, or wall!  (Okay, I promise - no more cheesy jokes.)  I found this little venture on one of my favorite blogs, A Bowl Full of Lemons.  It's easy, it's quick and my favorite part - totally affordable! 

The original idea came from Pottery Barn's moss letters.  If you're anything like me, your eyes went straight to the price line - these babies walk out of stores at $79/each!  Can you believe it?  Now, don't get me wrong, I delight in walking the aisles of Pottery Barn, but I can only dream of decorating my home at prices like that.  In true D.I.Y. style, A Bowl Full of Lemons took the idea and made it something people like me could fashion in a home like mine. 

Supply It:
  • Three letters, "E" "A" "T" - I scooped these up at Hobby Lobby for $2.47 here.  Now, can you believe that price?
  • Hot glue
  • Fabric scraps of your choice
  • Ribbon
  • Scissors  
  • Nail & hammer
 Let's Do This:
  1. Lay your fabric out and cut around the letters, giving some extra fabric to fold over the back.
  2. Take your glue gun and fold the pieces over as if you're wrapping a gift.  Note:  During this stage - be forgiving.  The corners are hard to perfect. 
  3. Once you've allowed your letters to cool and the fabric is set, take your ribbon and make a long loop and tie a nice bow to hang your letters.  I use the glue gun again to paste the ribbon on the back of each letter.  So easy!
  4. Take your wall of choice, your nail, and hammer that little beauty in.  Stagger, space and shazam, friends!  You have a nice little addition to your kitchen wall.  
  5. Easy as E-A-T!
  6. Now...what to cook?



      







No comments:

Post a Comment